Our MissionFounded in 1905, KenCrest serves more than 12,500 children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities at over 350 locations in southeastern Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Delaware. We also provide early childhood learning at our early learning centers in Philadelphia, PA. KenCrest's mission is to support community development by exploring possibilities, mobilizing resources, and empowering dreams.
Our services include:
• Early Intervention in community - and home-based settings
• Early Learning services including Head Start for underserved children with or without learning disabilities, Early Head Start, Pre-K, before- and after-school programs, and summer programs
• Children's and Adult Residential Homes for medically fragile individuals
• Personal Support for school-aged children and adults with disabilities in their homes
• Community Living ranging from group homes to Supported Independent Living for those living at home or in their own apartments
• Lifesharing for those who choose to live with a family rather than in a group home
• Community Participation Opportunities for individuals to engage in their communities
• Employment Services providing career opportunities for people with developmental disabilities.
What LS&A has done for us• Corporate Restructure
• Sonder House – Live-in staff payroll issue – We had a payroll wage tax question around the startup of a new program that would require a new staffing model. LS&A researched the issue on many different taxing levels, provided us support and an answer in timely manner, and explained it in a clear and comprehensive manner.
• W9/1099 requirements issue for a new program – We had a tax reporting question around payments to be made in a new program that we were considering, regarding whether the payments made would trigger a W9 to be provided and whether 1099s would also be required to be issued for these payments. LS&A researched the issue and provided us an answer in timely manner that was clear and comprehensive.
• City of Philadelphia wage tax issue – In this situation, the City of Philadelphia had KenCrest Services listed as owing them over $50,000 in back wage tax, interest, and penalties. We had tried to resolve the issue with a different firm and got nowhere with resolving this issue. We contacted LS&A for help, and they were able to come in and give us a new approach. We were able to resolve the issue and return our account with the City of Philadelphia to good standing. This saved us over $50,000 of paying a tax that we didn’t owe.
• Unique payroll tax question regarding the W2 reporting from a local tax municipality.
• Research on the establishment of a 3rd party trust for our self-insured health insurance plan.